The Real Wedding DJ
Barrie * Owen Sound * Collingwood DJ & VJ Service Company
If it’s club style mixing you want in your night, Talbot is a REAL DJ. His experiences as a wedding dj, buck and doe dj, and doing local bar, club, dance, and party events keeps him an expert.
Top 40, Pop, Rock, Country, Oldies, Dance, Hip-Hop, Disco, Old School, Reggae, House, Electronica, we have it all in boatloads! Bring on the party music!
More planning goes into your event, especially weddings, than you might expect. When you are quoted a price, there are many hours of preparation that go beyond your specified performance time quote, but are included. We work a little harder to perfect your event.
- Planning sessions
- Music request research
- General music preparation
- Equipment setup/takedown
- Powerful QSC DJ speaker system with subwoofer
- Backup equipment
- Top of the line DJ PA system for rental
- High power LCD Projector for rental
- Wireless microphone
- Professional DJ mixing
- Photo Booth available
- Light system available with laser, fog and more
- Knowledge of many Bruce, Grey and Simcoe County venues
- Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do
- Shawn Mendes – There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back
- Calvin Harris ft Pharrell, Katy Perry & Big Sean – Feels
- Hedley – Love Again
- Luis Fonzi & Daddy Yankee ft Justin Bieber – Despacito
- Imagine Dragons – Believer
- Justin Bieber & Bloodpop – Friends
- Felix Cartel – Get What You Give
- Drake – Signs
- DJ Khaled ft Rihanna & Bryson Tiller – Wild Thoughts
- Do you take requests? Yes. Pre-requests also.
- What type of music do you play when you dj? Mostly whatever you want. I’ll also be reading the crowd. The main genres are top 40, rock, country, oldies and pop. There are certainly many other genres that get played occasionally too.
- Have you ever been late, missed or cancelled a dj booking? Nope. My ethics are too strong.
- How would you describe yourself? Warm, approachable, outgoing and hard on myself.
- Do you use a contract to solidify bookings? Yes. It gets emailed to you when you are ready to commit. Just print it off and mail it with the deposit.
- As a disc jockey, where have you played before? Mostly in Barrie and Collingwood Grey, but quite often, Owen Sound, Hanover, Port Elgin, Kincardine, Kitchener, Orillia, and many more.
- You say you do club style dj mixing- what’s that? When djing with top 40, hip-hop, house, etc., there’s a dj technique to seamlessly blend each song so that the dancing keeps going and energy stays up. Do you ever notice that long awkward time when a song is winding down and another one is starting between songs? Observe guests usually walking away or just standing still and waiting- this is the mark of a dj who doesn’t know how to mix- a commonality among most wedding and mobile DJs.
- So do you just have a laptop with a special program to mix and play songs? First off, I use only the best; an Apple MacBook Pro, though, it’s primary function in this is to be a music storage device. The real magic and “actual djing” happens with Pioneer turntables and mixer combo. It’s a mixer with digital turntables and it works with the laptop and Serato, the industry standard in DJ programs. Avoid the iTunes dj*
- Will this dj sound system handle a big venue? Put it this way- 12” mains and 18” sub, all by QSC. They will fill a huge area with sound without distorting or sounding funny. Moreover, every wedding, buck and doe, or dance that we’ve dj’d in the past, our equipment has been at par or more power than needed.
- What types of events do you disc jockey? Wedding, stag and doe, buck and doe, jack and jill, dance, party, fundraiser, dance, bar, birthday, anniversary, corporate party services.
My Remixed Father/Daughter Songs for Clients-
Buble- Daddy’s Little Girl Intro/Outro
Carlisle- Butterfly Kisses Intro/Outro
–Klages Mill & Garden, Chesley
–Mister Beer U Brew, Port Elgin
–Shear Bliss, Chesley
*Calls Preferred- firstname.lastname@example.org
Owen Sound and surrounding areas.